Arrival at Frankfurt (Oder):
In order to travel to Frankfurt (Oder) you will most probably go via Berlin.
- Berlin is the next big interchange where international flights arrive at. So far, Berlin has two airports (Tegel and Schönefeld). Most international flights arrive at Berlin-Tegel.
You have the following possibilities to get to Frankfurt (Oder):
- Arrival via airport Berlin-Tegel
After the arrival at Berlin-Tegel, you can either take a taxi (about 12 Euro) or the bus (X9) to reach the train station “Zoologischer Garten”. Tickets are available at the ticket-booth or directly from the driver (ca. 2,50 Euro). From there there is a direct connection to Frankfurt (Oder).
- Arrival via airport Berlin-Schönefeld
If you arrive at Berlin-Schönefeld, you can either take the suburban line (“S-Bahn”, nr.9) or the train “Regionalexpress” (“RE”, Airport-Express) to the train station “Ostbahnhof”. There are direct trains going to Frankfurt (Oder) as well.
- Arrival by train via Berlin
Timetables are availabe at the web site of the Deutsche Bahn (www.bahn.de). Usually trains are going every 30 minutes from Berlin to Frankfurt (Oder) and are called “Regionalexpress” (RE1). Be aware that the trains can have different destinations, depending on the time. They either go directly to Frankfurt (Oder ), or via Frankfurt (Oder) to Eisenhüttenstadt or Cottbus.
Please make sure to get off the train at the train station “Frankfurt (Oder)”, not at the stop “Frankfurt (Oder) – Rosengarten” (one stop earlier).
Please, do not mix up Frankfurt (Oder) and Frankfurt am Main!
These are two different cities!
Arrival at Collegium Polonicum in Slubice:
- By Car
Slubice is located at the German-Polish frontier, directly at the Expressway E 30.
- By public transport
The trains coming from Berlin („Regionalexpress“, RE1) are connecting Berlin with Frankfurt (Oder) every 30 minutes and it takes around 1,5 hours. Arriving at the train station in Frankfurt (Oder), you can easily reach the Collegium Polonicum by public transportation:
- Tram line 4 (direction: Lebuser Vorstadt) – please exit at the station „Magistrale“ or „Topfmarkt“ (from both stations it is a 5 minute walk to the CP)
- Bus lines 980, 981, 985 (direction: Grenzbrücke) – please exit at the station „An der alten Universität“ (from there it is a 5 minute walk to the CP)
- Bus line 983 (direction: Plac bohaterow) – please exit at the station „Collegium Polonicum“